Ten Counterproductive Behaviors of Social Justice Educators
- Shaming our allies instead of educating.
- Lead with our oppressed identities – forgetting that we have immense privilege as well.
- Create competition around being the best at Social Justice – using language as a way to exclude.
- Leading with emotions instead of thinking and acting strategically.
- Not acknowledging our self-work.
- Caught in constant surprise that people do not know what we know.
- Choosing not to challenge family members and elders.
- Marginalizing the courage it takes to allow your reality to be dismantled.
- Refusing to hold multiple truths.
- Challenging others to heal, by erasing their pain.